Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Most Of The Time, It's A Waste Of Time

As you could probably tell, I'm not doing so hot on the "daily" blog entry thing. Then again, since I'm just about the only person who reads this (as far as I know, anyway), I don't really see the point, and especially when I'm as busy as I have been for the last couple of weeks.

Being sick certainly hasn't helped with the workload. Seems to be quite the communicable cold that's been going around campus, lately--perfectly timed. Our schedules are such that no one can afford to take the time to get better before returning to class or work, and hence everyone gets to share in the joy that is phlegm. The wonders of the modern age, will they never cease?

Bitterness aside, I've never felt more productive in my entire life than I have in the past several weeks. I've completed almost thirty pages of a screenplay, made two short films, and that's pretty much it as far as feeling productive is concerned--critical analysis of perpetual snoozefests is not my idea of productivity. It seems like the other two classes are just filler, anyway--the semester's core is based in 290 and screenwriting.

Housing concerns have once again reared their malformed heads, but at least this time they should save David and I some money and future hassles.

Haven't had much of a nightlife, lately, though arguably I've never had much of one. Next to "life of the party" in the dictionary, you will not find my picture. Just not really a part of my personality. That said, I feel like I need to get the fuck out of Dodge a little more often than I've been managing to. This weekend should offer some respite since I don't have any work to do for 290 other than future planning, so perhaps I'll try to live a little. Not that the killing of brain cells to produce euphoric sensations should really be considered as "living" as death is the opposite of life, but who gives a shit? It relaxes you, and my gods, I could use some relaxation.

Yes, I used the plural "gods." Not that I've discovered a polytheistic religion or anything, just a side-effect of watching Battlestar Galactica. I really ought to write a post regarding my experiences with the show, as it's perhaps one of the most interesting I've ever had with a television series. Next time I'm bored.

Probably one reason no one reads this is that if they're here and they know who I am, they probably know most if not everything that I've written down. Even if they're not here, if they know who I am and I talk to them at all, they probably know most if not everything I've written down. Who wants to read redundant ranting garbage? The other possibility is that this is read but no one comments and I'm not sure I have any way of accessing a counter that tells me how often the blog is accessed. And a final possibility is that I'm writing this for myself anyway and who gives a flipping fuck? I write it, I read it, and it's good practice to express oneself every so often. It keeps the language and typing skills healthy and lean.

Blogging. It does your mind good.

No comments: